Travel closures and bans due to COVID-19 are slowly starting to be lifted. Resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean have started to plan their reopen policies. Many have implemented very thorough health and safety protocols to protect travelers while on vacation.
Read below to see what Hard Rock Resorts, UNICO 20*87, AMResorts, Karisma Resorts, and Couples Resorts are doing to ensure a safe and enjoyable vacation for you!
Make sure to read all the way through to the end of the blog for a special offer when you book your next vacation with Travel Savvi!
Hard Rock Resorts
Hard Rock Resorts, located in Cancun, Los Cabos, Punta Cana, Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, are all implementing the Hard Rock Safe + Sound Program powered by Ecolab.
These enhanced protocols include:
- Improved employee and guest health with hand sanitizers and wipes, additional signage, 24/7 medical assistance, and minimal contact.
- Every hotel staff member will follow handwashing, health check and PPE protocols, as well as additional health training.
- Common areas and guest rooms cleaning and sanitation procedures will increase in frequency.
- Physical distancing with furniture and lines will be implemented throughout the resort.
- Guests will have temperature readings upon arrival.
- Amenities, like Spa and the fitness center, will be limited.
- Pool activities will be suspended.
- Kids Clubs will now take place outdoors.
- Nightclubs will remain closed.
- Buffet services will be suspended.
For details on Hard Rock Resorts’ Safe + Sound Program can be found here.
UNICO 20*87, located in Riviera Maya, is implementing the S.A.F.E. (safe and friendly environment) experience.
Some highlights of this new enhanced cleanliness and sanitation plan includes:
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be placed throughout the entire property.
- Continued staffing of an onsite doctor 24/7.
- Updated employee protocols including handwashing every 60 minutes, COVID-19 training, health checks, requirement of personal protective equipment, like masks and gloves.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of common areas and guest rooms.
- Replacing air filters in the guest rooms after every guest checks out.
- Physical distancing throughout the resort, including furniture placement, lines, and restaurants.
- Luggage disinfection upon arrival.
- Temperature reading for all arriving guests. Any temperature over 100.4 degrees F will be moved to a private area for a second reading by the onsite doctor.
For a detailed list of UNICO 20*87’s new safety and health protocols, please click here.
AMResorts include the brands Zoetry, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now, Sunscape, and Reflect located throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America. Throughout all the AMResort brands, they have implemented the CleanComplete Verification. This is an eight-point system that covers:
- Arrival and check-in
- Room cleaning procedures
- Sanitation throughout the resort
- Explorer’s Club and Core Zone hygiene
- Food and beverage protocols
- Check-out and departure procedures
- Back of house sanitation activity
- Third-party verification
To read the details on the CleanComplete Verification practices, click here.
Karisma Resorts includes adults-only resorts El Dorado in Mexico and family-friendly resorts like Azul, Generationas, Margaritaville Reserva, and NIckelodeon in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Mexico. In addition to going above and beyond to exceed preventive measures and enforce strict sanitation protocols at all resorts, Karisma has a dedicated Quality Manager who works with Cristal International Standards, a company dedicated to maintaining and exceeding standards.
Click here for a detailed look at what Karisma is doing to provide health and safety for guests.
Couples Resorts are adults-only, all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica. They have implemented the Good Clean Fun, which increases the frequency of the hotel cleaning and sanitization procedures and establishes proactive protocols for prevention and detection.
- Increased availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces and guest rooms.
- Screening all arriving guests with thermometers at the airport and prior to entering the resort.
- Contactless check-in.
For details on everything included in Couples Good Clean Fun, click here.
After reading all the new protocols resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean have implemented to help keep you safe to enjoy your vacation, are you ready to book your next vacation? When you book your next vacation with Travel Savvi by July 31, 2020 for travel in 2020 or 2021, you will get $100 off a vacation package of $2500 – $4000 and $150 off vacation packages of $4000 or higher.* Reach out to your Travel Savvi Specialist or email us at email@example.com to start planning your next vacation today!
*Excludes Sandals Resorts and Cruises